78th SEDAAG Meeting
Norfolk, Virginia November 19-20, 2023
All are invited to attend and submit a paper or a poster for our 78th Southeastern Division of the Association of American Geographers (SEDAAG) meeting at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel in Norfolk.
Conference registration and hotel information to come. Please check back!
The Program Chair for the 2023 meeting is Dr. Amy Potter from Georgia Southern University. We welcome organized sessions pertaining to specific areas or themes of research, methodological approaches, or regions.
Graduate and undergraduate students are encouraged to submit a paper for the Student Honors Competition. For undergraduates, there is a paper presentation competition sponsored by the AAG and administered by the Honors Committee, and also our 14th annual undergraduate poster competition sponsored and administered by the SEDAAG Education Committee.
If you have any questions about logistics at the venue in Norfolk, please contact Dr. Nicole Hutton Shannon (email@example.com).
Finally, we invite all students to participate in the World Geography Bowl Competition, led by Dawn Drake (firstname.lastname@example.org) — details below.
The sections below highlight information on submissions and the online submission process. All submissions must be submitted via the online form referenced below. Please note that all paper/poster presenters and session chairs MUST be members of SEDAAG (membership information can be found at https://sedaag.org/). Membership in the AAG is separate from SEDAAG; joining AAG does not automatically make you a member of SEDAAG, although you will receive some general mailings from them if you are a member and your address is in the Southeast Region.
Finally, and importantly, on behalf of the SEDAAG leadership team and the local organizing committee, we want to especially encourage new members to participate in the meeting, and we want to thank our current members for their continued support!
- Renew or join SEDAAG (do this first!): https://sedaag.org/
- SEDAAG Annual Meeting Abstract Submission Link
- Submission instructions for ALL participants
- Special Session Deadline: Friday, September 8, 2023
- All paper and poster submissions are due Friday, September 22, 2023
- Guidelines for the Graduate student honors competition – papers and posters (graduate level)
- Guidelines for the Undergraduate student honors competition – papers only (undergraduate level)
- Guidelines for the Undergraduate student poster competition – posters only (undergraduate level)
- For Award nomination guidelines, visit the SEDAAG Awards Page.
- World Geography Bowl
- Event Conduct policy