SEDAAG is a regional subdivision of the American Association of Geographers, representing approximately 500 members in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
Established in 1947, SEDAAG exists to advance investigations in geography and to encourage the application of geographic findings in education, government, and business. The Division supports these objectives by organizing an annual academic conference (traditionally held in November); publishing a quarterly peer-reviewed journal (Southeastern Geographer); granting honors to faculty in recognition of excellence in teaching, service, and research; hosting educational and professional development workshops; and supporting student paper and poster awards and a World Geography Bowl competition.
2023 Meeting is in Norfolk, VA, Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, November 18-20, 2023.
- 2023 Annual Meeting Call For Paper and Poster Submissions
- Submit your Abstract — SEDAAG Annual Meeting Abstract Submission Link
- Create a FREE AAG Account before you Register for the Conference — Registration – AAG (you must be a SEDAAG member to register for the conference).
- Register for the Conference — Conference registration link
- Check out the Field Trips — SEDAAG Field Trips (Nov. 18 and 19)
Member Registration Rates
Each issue of the Southeastern Geographer includes a front-cover photograph of the American South by a SEDAAG member accompanied by a short essay. As part of its annual photo contest, the Southeastern Geographer will hold a virtual photo contest to select potential covers for its four issues. The photos will be displayed on the SEDAAG Website and voted on by conference attendees via a Google Form. Attendees will be asked to vote by midnight on Sunday, November 19th. The results will be announced at the SEDAAG Awards Ceremony.
See the entries here and vote: https://msuas.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dcGgLZihe04aJjo