SEDAAG is a regional subdivision of the American Association of Geographers, representing approximately 500 members in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
Established in 1947, SEDAAG exists to advance investigations in geography and to encourage the application of geographic findings in education, government, and business. The Division supports these objectives by organizing an annual academic conference (traditionally held in November); publishing a quarterly peer-reviewed journal (Southeastern Geographer); granting honors to faculty in recognition of excellence in teaching, service, and research; hosting educational and professional development workshops; and supporting student paper and poster awards and a World Geography Bowl competition.
2023 Meeting is in Norfolk, VA, Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, November 18-20, 2023.
- 2023 Annual Meeting Call For Paper and Poster Submissions
- Submit your Abstract — SEDAAG Annual Meeting Abstract Submission Link
- Create a FREE AAG Account before you Register for the Conference — Registration – AAG (you must be a SEDAAG member to register for the conference).
- Register for the Conference — Conference registration link
- ($175 regular member, $75 student member (member rates only, non-member rates will be available on the registration page in early October.))
- Check out the Field Trips — SEDAAG Field Trips (Nov. 18 and 19)
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS – SEDAAG OFFICERS 2023
Hello SEDAAG members!
Thank you for serving SEDAAG and see you in Norfolk!
Submit your photos to the Southeastern Geographer’s 8th Annual Cover Art Photo Contest for 2023: Southeastern Geographer Cover Art Contest 2023 – SouthEastern Division of the American Association of Geographers (sedaag.org)