2020 Meeting UPDATE
SEDAAG is working to finalize the Call for Papers for its first virtual meeting, which will be held November 6 and 7th, 2020! Please note that our meeting is held earlier than normal this year to accommodate the adjusted Fall semester schedule of many of our members. We anticipate our Call for Papers to be released in early August. Please mark your calendars and stay tuned for more information!
Here are some of the things we are working on to make the conference worth your time and money:
- Professional conference platform (supported by the AAG), with live participation and discussions;
- Archived content for you to browse as your time allows;
- Undergraduate poster competition and Graduate Honors competitions with monetary awards;
- Awards ceremony with Plenary;
- Networking/mentoring “coffee hours”;
- Learn what you can do with your geography degree in our “Jobs in Geography” career-centered sessions with participants from hiring agencies;
- Low admission fees for members, with registration assistance available for financial hardship
- Virtual Geography Bowl
SEDAAG Annual Meetings Schedule Update:
Given the uncertainties of travel, safety, and budgets in Fall 2020, we announce that our in-person Florence, AL meeting scheduled for November 22-23, 2020 will be postponed to November 21-22, 2021. We are disappointed that we will not have an in-person gathering at a time when many of us seek the comfort of community, but feel this decision is in the best interest of our attendees.
2020 meeting will be a virtual meeting (Save the Dates for NOV 6-7, 2020)
2021 Meeting will be in Florence, AL – NOV 21-22, 2021
2022 Meeting will be in Atlanta, GA
What is SEDAAG?
SEDAAG is a regional subdivision of the American Association of Geographers, representing approximately 500 members in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
Established in 1947, SEDAAG exists to advance investigations in geography and to encourage the application of geographic findings in education, government, and business. The Division supports these objectives by organizing an annual academic conference (traditionally held in November); publishing a quarterly peer-reviewed journal (Southeastern Geographer); granting honors to faculty in recognition of excellence in teaching, service, and research; hosting educational and professional development workshops; and supporting student paper and poster awards and a World Geography Bowl competition.
2021 SEDAAG Meeting – Nov 2021 Florence, Alabama.