The SEDAAG Honors Committee is seeking nominations for the annual awards given at the annual regional meeting. Please see the list of awards below, though note that these awards are separate from the Student Honors competitions. Information for those competitions is posted on the SEDAAG Website.
- All honors-related questions should also be directed to Drs. Clapp and Abee.
Deadline for all submissions, is Friday, October 6th.
- (1) A cover letter that includes a summary of educational background and academic honors.
- (2) A full CV of the candidate.
- (3) Letters of recommendation from three persons familiar with the applicant’s qualifications.
- (4) One copy of each undergraduate transcript inclusive of college coursework through Summer 2023, for the Prunty Scholarship.
Past Recipients of Honors from the
Southeastern Division of the Association of American Geographers
Overseen and Award by the Honors and Awards Committee:
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Research Honors Award
- Outstanding Service Award
- Excellence in Teaching Award
- Excellence in Undergraduate Mentoring Award
- Honorary Life Membership Awards
- Merle C. Prunty Scholarship Award
- John Fraser Hart Award, Best PhD Student Paper
- Best Master’s Paper
- Best Undergraduate Paper
- Best Graduate Student Poster
Overseen and Award by the Education Committee:
Overseen and Award by the Editors of the Southeastern Geographer