2020 SEDAAG Meeting Information
Registration remains open through November 7.
Register now to receive meeting updates and information, which is being sent to conference registrants.
Conference Access: Log in to the conference portal:
using your credentials from the SEDAAG conference registration (typically AAG username and password). Please contact email@example.com for help with credentials well in advance.
NOTE: Times in Meeting Program are Eastern Time (ET)
- Opening Plenary: “Accessible Geography” by Dr. Amy Lobben, AAG President
- ~ 100 posters, panels, and presentations
- Interactive Career Panels, including:
- “Esri & GIS” featuring a technical demonstration and a panel of SEDAAG-region university alum
- “What can I do with my geography degree?” with panelists from USDA Forest Service, U.S. Census Bureau, Savannah Area GIS, E&J Gallo Winery, Esri, and the Mississippi Geographic Alliance
- Network with Colleagues:
- “Women in Geography” and “SAGE” networking
- The Southeastern Geographer Networking Event
- Networking and Chat available throughout the conference with participants and during poster sessions
- Geography Bowl Trivia and All-Stars vs. Faculty Dream Team Competition
- Celebrate your fellow geography colleagues and students at the Honors Undergraduate Poster Session, Graduate Honors Paper Session, and Awards Ceremony
- Closing Plenary: “First Impressions and the Future of the AAG” by Dr. Gary Langham, Executive Director, AAG
- Meeting workshops:
- “Getting the Word Out about Geography: How to Extend your Work Beyond the Academy”
- “Charting Your Career Pathway in Geography and Geotechnology” (Public Workshop)